Job Description: Staff Accountant
Peerless Coffee & Tea is a third generation, family owned and operated business. We are a craft coffee roaster and specialty tea purveyor located in the Jack London Square area of Oakland within a short walking distance of BART. We are celebrating our 95th year as a retail roaster!
We are seeking a Staff / Inventory Accountant who is comfortable with a hands on position in both office and warehouse manufacturing environments. This position requires strong follow through skills, attention to detail and a high level of accuracy to ensure raw material and finished goods inventories are accurate and to be able to serve as a backup across all areas of the Finance and Accounting Department.
- Manage data flow within Sales Pad and GP Dynamics to ensure accurate allied product, raw and finished goods inventory.
- Enter and validate all daily data entry of invoices, credits, returns, production, and material usage.
- Conduct physical inventories and cycle counts. Investigate and reconcile inventory variances, resolve issues and enter necessary adjustments.
- Provide management reports, such as on factors affecting prices, profitability of products or services, margins by product and division, periodic variances and their causes.
- Perform monthly reconciliation of the company’s inventories. Assist in month end close of the General Ledger. Validate the cost of goods sold as part of the month-end close.
- Enter all price changes.
- Review costs for inaccuracies.
- Assist in the month end close of the general ledger.
- Provide vacation/absence backup support for other members of the department.
- Works closely with production, operations, and other departments.
- Other tasks as they are assigned.
- 3+ years of accounting or inventory experience in a manufacturing environment.
- AA/AS degree in Accounting or related required, Bachelor’s degree a plus.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office, such as Excel, Word and Outlook. Experience in ERP systems such as Great Plains and Salespad, and large databases desirable.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to work within a cross-functional team
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities
- Demonstrated strong mathematical, logical analysis and problem solving skills
- Ability to accurately prepare financial and inventory reports.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs of products, stand for an extended period of time work with frequent bending, stooping and squatting and handle all products in the warehouse including nuts and other allergens
Hours, Compensation & Benefits:
Work schedule will generally be Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm with a one hour lunch. Must be able to work flexible schedules and some overtime. Compensation is dependent on experience. Peerless offers a robust health & welfare benefits plan (medical, dental, vision, life, etc.) and a 401k plan with a matching component.
Employment is dependent on passing a drug test and background check. Employees must be eligible to work in the US. Peerless does not sponsor work visas. Peerless is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants will send their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org