Position Description: Territory Sales Manager – Southern California.
Peerless Coffee & Tea is 2019 Roast Magazine’s Roaster of the Year and we’re growing! We are a third-generation family-owned company in the Jack London Square area of Oakland. We need your help to seek out new customers who will benefit from our delicious coffee and Nordstrom-like service and training!
You’re perfect for our team if you have at least 5 years of direct premium, specialty coffee or specialty craft beverage/food sales hunting experience. You’d be covering the areas of Southern California with potential for an even wider scope. This is a new business development role that will be responsible for the soliciting both craft coffee and hospitality businesses, including boutique hotels, restaurants, cafés, campuses, distributors, and anywhere you find amazing specialty coffee. As a full-time hunter, you’re responsible for successful consultative selling of Peerless products and services and properly managing the onboarding process of each new account into the Peerless Account Executive team for ongoing management.
You’ve got the flexibility of being based from your own home office but we need you to be located within the greater LA area for easy communication, meetings, customer visits, and samples. You’ll be reporting directly to the Socal Director of Sales and you’d be part of a fun, dynamic team of experts and trainers in the SoCal region.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- You’re a stalker! You’re wired to hunt and to seek out new relationships within the specialty coffee community and beyond.
- Organized and able to effectively manage a potential customer funnel to ensure consistent onboarding of new business each month.
- Consistently meet or exceed new customer poundage and Allied product sales goals by seeking out new relationships with qualified potential customers.
- Coordinate and execute all new customer training and marketing project support for Peerless accounts. Work with larger new chains and franchise accounts to develop value-added programs that are turn-key, including “train-the-trainer” coffee programs, menu development concepts, whole bean sales strategies, marketing tactics, etc. which will eventually be handed over to the Account Executive team for ongoing customer maintenance.
- Keep current with and educate potential customers on latest specialty and third-wave coffee trends that are relevant to each channel of business.
- Have a deep knowledge of specialty coffee, mastering customer trainings for traditional brew methods, espresso techniques (including latte art), and alternative hand-pouring techniques.
- Have a proactive mentality for setting sales goals and closing accounts. Be a self-starter and self-manager with respect to creating and maintaining a weekly call tracker, customer funnel, and schedule.
- Be a Peerless brand ambassador! Project a positive image and act in the best interest of Peerless Coffee & Tea by applying best practices and stated company values and priorities to all communications, decisions and actions.
- Report (on a weekly basis) daily activities consisting of timely, detailed and accurate records of lead visits, calls, activities and outcomes.
- Participate in tradeshows, customer events, and sales presentations when asked, operating as an ambassador to Peerless when required.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience working in a specialty coffee or a similar specialty foodservice environment.
- Consultative sales and key account sales onboarding experience is highly desirable
- Must have an understanding of basic business principals and restaurant/café operations in order to add consultative value to potential customers.
- Must have recent, proven experience in and the ability to identify, develop and successfully close sales through existing relationships, warm leads, and cold calls.
- May travel between 30-100 miles/day within the region. Quarterly trips to HQ office in Oakland will be required for meetings.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills are required.
- Must possess a computer and printer, and be proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook. Strong social media skills a must.
- Professional enough to deal with CEO and top-level management presentations, yet approachable enough to interact comfortably with baristas and wait staff.
- Strong, collaborative, relationship-building, analytical and proactive problem-solving skills.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience strongly preferred.
Employment is dependent on passing a drug test and background check. Employees must be eligible to work in the US. Peerless does not sponsor work visas. Peerless is an equal opportunity employer
Applicants will send their resume to: email@example.com