Position Description: Account Executive – Southern California Region, Greater San Diego Area
Peerless Coffee & Tea is a third generation family-owned coffee roaster in the Jack London Square area of Oakland. Having just won 2019 Roaster of the Year from Roast Magazine, we are expanding! We are looking for a prolific candidate with at least 2 years of direct specialty coffee or food service sales experience to fill our Account Executive position, covering the areas of Southern California, which will primarily consist of the greater San Diego Area. This is a current business development role that will be responsible for successful management of Peerless accounts as well as consultative selling of Peerless products and services to increase sales within their customer portfolio each year. This position will report to the Director of Sales in Southern California and will be based from a home office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consistently meet or exceed existing customer poundage and Allied product sales goals by growing and maintaining relationships with existing customer base within the assigned geographical area of responsibility. Execute regular face-to-face visits and increase Peerless product penetration.
- Coordinate and execute all specialty coffee trainings and marketing project support for Peerless accounts. Work with larger chain accounts to develop a “train-the-trainer” program. Keep current with and educate customers on latest specialty coffee trends that are relevant to each customer.
- Have a proactive mentality for meeting with customers regularly. Be a self-starter and self-manager with respect to creating and maintaining this customer relationship schedule.
- Actively participate in customer concern resolution with consistent support and service to existing customer base. Resolve existing issues and determine solutions to prevent further concerns. Demonstrate complete “account management” over each account in the geographical area of responsibility.
- Project a positive image and act in the best interest of Peerless Coffee & Tea by applying best practices and stated company values and priorities to all communications, decisions and actions.
- Report on a weekly basis daily activity consisting of timely, detailed and accurate records of visit activities and outcomes.
- Assist Sales Team with coffee demos, trainings, and trade show support as needed.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience working in a specialty coffee or a similar specialty foodservice environment
- Advanced barista techniques and abilities must be a passion for this individual, competition background is a plus!
- Consultative sales and account management experience is highly desirable
- Must have an understanding of basic business principals and restaurant/café operations in order to add consultative value to coffee accounts.
- Recent proven experience in and the ability to identify, develop and successfully close in-house sales through existing relationships.
- Must have reliable transportation as the role may travel between 30-100 miles/day within assigned territory. Occasional trips to HQ office for meetings. Must live somewhere within their assigned territory.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills are required.
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook. Strong social media skills a must.
- Professional enough to deal with C-level presentations, yet approachable enough to interact comfortably with baristas and wait staff.
- Strong, collaborative, relationship-building, analytical and proactive problem-solving skills.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience strongly preferred.
- Must be authorized to work in the US. Peerless does not sponsor work visas.
Employment is dependent on passing a drug test and background check. Employees must be eligible to work in the US. Peerless does not sponsor work visas. Peerless is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants will send their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org